|Graduate Fellowships||Eligible Students||Status|
|Epsilon Fellowship||Graduate students in CS or SE||Closed|
|Excellence in Education Doctoral Fellowships||Doctoral students. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.||Closed|
|Ericsson Graduate Fellowships||Full-time graduate students in CS, EE, SE, or TE||Closed|
|Fast-Track Scholarships||Full-time students participating in the fast track program. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.||Closed|
|Fast Track to SEM Scholarship||Full-time SEM graduate students with undergraduate degree at UT Dallas. A separate application is required. Please click on scholarship name to left for details.||Closed|
|Jan P. Van Der Ziel Endowment for Engineering Graduate Studies||Graduate students in EE.||Closed|
|Jonsson Family Graduate Fellowships in Bioengineering||Graduate students in biomedical engineering.||Closed|
|Jonsson School Industrial Advisory Council Fellowship||Graduate students in biomedical engineering.||Closed|
|Jonsson School $1000 Graduate Study Scholarships||Incoming MS and PhD students. A separate application is required and varies across departments. Please click on scholarship name to left for details.||Closed|
|Mechanical Engineering Doctoral Fellowships||Doctoral students in Mechanical Engineering. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.||Closed|
|Phil Ritter Endowed Scholarships/ Fellowships||Full-time graduate students with interest in research.||Closed|
|TxACE Doctoral Fellowships||Full-time PhD students in analog circuit technology.||Closed|
For additional scholarships, please see the
UTD Financial Aid Office’s scholarship page.
Phil Ritter Endowed Scholarship
$1,000, multiple awards will be given
This scholarship was established to honor Mr. Phil Ritter for his leadership in advancing The Jonsson School and UT Dallas in the drive to achieve Tier One research status. Merit-based scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students in ECS with 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA, who also demonstrate interest in research areas with high potential for business, health, and/or social impact. Scholarship is renewable for eligible recipients.
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student in ECS;
- 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated interest in research areas with high potential for business, health, and/or social impact.
Essay:In 250 words or less, please describe your interest in a research area with high potential for business, health, and/or social impact.
Epsilon Fellowship in Computer Science and Software Engineering
This is a merit-based fellowship for graduate students in Computer Science or Software Engineering continuing their degree in the Jonsson School in Fall 2014, funded by Alliance Data Systems, Inc. Applicants must have a proven record of academic excellence as evidence by application, including GPA, research, and courses completed. This fellowship is open to all qualified applicants irrespective of citizenship or permanent residency status. Applicants should include in their narrative why they feel they are best qualified to receive this fellowship and how it will add to their educational goals. Upon selection, recipient must sign a release form in accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), allowing UT Dallas to use the application. The fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Applicant must have completed 15 credit hours of graduate coursework within the Jonsson School.
- Other considerations are community service, leadership experience, and work experience.
Ericsson Graduate Fellowships
$5,000, multiple awards will be given
Merit-based fellowship for graduate ECS students. Preference will be given to full-time graduate students in computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering or telecommunications engineering who have a proven record of academic excellence as evidenced by application (including GPA, research and courses completed). This fellowship is open to all qualified graduate students irrespective of citizenship or permanent residency status.
- Full-time graduate student in computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering or telecommunications engineering
- Proven academic record
Jan P. Van Der Ziel Endowment for Engineering Graduate Studies
This endowment was created to memorialize Professor Jan P. Van Der Ziel. $8,000 will be awarded to one student in our graduate Electrical Engineering program. The award is renewable with a 3.6 minimum GPA if you are making good progress on your EE graduate degree.
- Graduate student in Electrical Engineering
- Must maintain 3.6 minimum GPA to renew
Jonsson Family Graduate Fellowships in Bioengineering
$10,000, multiple awards may be made
Merit-based fellowship for graduate student in biomedical engineering in the Jonsson School.
- Graduate student in Biomedical Engineering with strong academic record
Jonsson School $1000 Graduate Study Scholarships
These $1,000 competitive, merit-based scholarships are awarded to incoming graduate students. Scholarships are subject to the availability of funds and are renewable at the discretion of the academic department in which the recipients are studying.
- All MS students and PhD students entering the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science in Fall 2014 are eligible to apply.
- The application deadline for Fall 2014 scholarships is July 15 except materials science & engineering deadline is April 15. Fall 2014 scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis starting February 2014, and students are encouraged to apply early.
- Factsheets and department scholarship applications :
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for biomedical engineering students
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for computer engineering, electrical engineering and telecommunications engineering students
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for computer science students
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for materials science & engineering students
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for mechanical engineering students
- Scholarship fact sheet and application for systems engineering students
TxACE Doctoral Fellowships
Fellowship with financial assistance, multiple awards will be given
Merit-based fellowship for full-time graduate students interested in pursuing a PhD in areas related to analog circuits.
- Full-time graduate students;
- Interested in pursuing PhD in areas related to analog circuits
All scholarships are subject to fund availability. Applicants and students who are awarded a UT Dallas competitive scholarship and are classified as non-resident/out-of-state in their admission letter may receive in conjunction with the scholarship a "competitive scholarship waiver." This waiver allows a student to pay tuition at the resident/in-state rate. The State of Texas strictly limits how many competitive scholarship waivers may be offered, and the awarding of such waivers is at the sole discretion of the University.